Here are two basic approaches for designing Neuro Light Experiences. It is always possible to choose any one composition or even two and get an effect. However the best effects occur when you build the experience in a certain direction and move in that direction step by step. That movement in a direction is called “creating a vector”. In “creating a vector” for a single session “visit”, it is common to integrate three steps in the NL Experience. Using the 11 minute standard, this amounts to 33 minutes of stimulation. That is a LOT of signaling for the brain to absorb and integrate. To make the assimilation easier, always give the person 5 to 10 minutes between the compositions. Encourage them to lay there quietly and “go with” the subtle sensations and feelings running through their mind/body. This will enhance the integration. At the end of the full three composition NL Experience, after a 5 to 10 minute “cruise”, let them be aware that for the next 2 hours, they are in a very impressionable state. This is the perfect time to reinforce the signal messages by doing some “same message” motor or cognitive or additional sensory stimulation. Additionally, let them know that although the Light/Sound stimulation has just stopped, the real effects of the experience are just beginning and will continue for the next 12 to 24 hours.
Classic NL Experience Design
- Start with an 11 minute composition from the Brain Gym. Choose one Neuroplastic Capacity Training. It can be Coordination, Flexibility, Endurance or Strength. Choose the one that seems to best reflect the needs of their body in general. A safe bet is to work at the Foundation level for most people.
- Next, stay in the Brain Gym and select one of the Brain Network Reinforcements. Select the one that seems to best match the basic goal of the session. When in doubt, you can always select the Default Mode Network. Use the 11 minute time.
- Now go into the Brain Skills and select the one ZONE that seems to match their needs (Peace, Cognition, Mood, Dependency, Exploration). As before, working at a Foundation level is always good but not necessarily required if their general vitality is OK.
Progressive NL Experience Design
- Start with an 11 minute composition from the Brain Gym. In this approach, select one of the Brain Network Reinforcements (not one of the Neuroplastic Capacity Brain Trainings). Select the one that seems to best match the basic goal of the session.
- Now go into the Brain Skills and select the one ZONE that seems to match their needs (Peace, Cognition, Mood, Dependency, Exploration). Stay within the Foundation level as a way of “rooting the vector” at a lower level of Neuroplastic demand. Select a composition that seems to match the general goal. It does not have to be too specific as the second of three composition choices. Sometimes a selection from Mood ZONE is helpful if there seems to be an obstructive emotional state that is blocking the specific goal. Use the 11 minute time.
- Stay in the Brain Skills and select a composition that more closely matches their intended goal. Here it is OK to make selections from the Intermediate or even Advanced levels as long as the person has adequate vitality. Use the 11 minute time.